Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Reunion

Friday night, my wife and I went out with some High School friends. Allen, whom I call Big Al, was turning 30, and his wife wanted us to surprise him at PF Changs. So we went. Me and my wife, Big Al and his wife, Mike AKA Dr. Gibson and his wife, and Mike AKA Mike Jr. and his fiancee. Here is the thing. None of us has changed. It was really remarkable to see. We all graduated in 1995 and in 2007, we haven't changed. My wife pointed out, that at one point Big Al completely spaced out, but said at least 3 times how happy he was that we came, Dr. Gibson with TWO kids now still managed to start rapping old school songs at the table, and Mike Jr. made up stories and told them so good you kind of thought they were true. I still don't know what Mike Jr. does for a living by the way. Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and catching up with those guys every couple of years is fun as well. Having friends to grow old with kind of makes you hold a mirror up and take a look at yourself. Every once in a while I wake up and look at my wife, and feel like we are still 18, but then I hang out with those guys and I'm reminded that I'm not. Which is not a bad thing at all, and thats why I enjoy seeing them. All the dudes I went to High School with are doing ok and so am I, and that makes me happy. Here's to Big Al, Dr. Gibson, and Mike Jr. Thanks for staying in touch with me.

No comments: