Monday, February 12, 2007

Jumpin Jim Crow

Wheel about, and turn about, and do just so;
Every time I wheel about, I jump Jim Crow.


I learned that song when I was in school at CAU. Luckily for me, I had professors who taught me about the struggles of those who came before me. They taught me that people had to jump Jim Crow just so we could have the opportunities that we have today. Me and the fellas, whenever we would have problems would jokingly say: "I been jumpin Jim Crow all my life!" Well, the crazy part is that it really never stops. I still encounter situations where I have to jump Jim Crow and it never gets any funnier or any easier. I get tired of having to be the bigger and better man and put on a happy face when I am mistreated...but I figure, better man than me did it and survived, so who am I to complain?

Yea, I had a rough week at work, that culminated with me having to jump Jim Crow to save my ass from some shit I didn't do in the first place. It sucks...bad. And no, I don't want to talk about it. I'll get over it soon enough. I know I'm being vague but...sometimes it has to be that way. So in honor of me jumpin Jim Crow, here is my first ever video in my blog, thanks to my brother who came by my office and showed me how; on the very day I was jumpin my ass off. This is Bill "Bojangles" Robinson, trying to make a way out of no way. Doing what he had ot do to make things happen. I can relate...



Yea...

Wheel about, and turn about, and do just so;
Every time I wheel about, I jump Jim Crow.

1 comment:

Mau said...

Keep on doing it, brother. I um...know somebody... That's it! I know somebody who stopped doing it, and you can guess what happened to him.