Tuesday, December 19, 2006

There has got to be a better way

So I started out this blog talking about TOO because he was the talk of the town that day. Well, since then, TO has come to Atlanta, whooped the Falcons, and created more controversy than you could imagine, so I'm not dealing with that. I'm too tired. Anyway, I have to spend a little time talking about me, and a good way to start is by explaining my NEW philosophy on life. Yes...NEW. Like a few days old new.

So the other day I'm driving in to work, as I do every day, and I hit one of those points where traffic backed up. I couldn't see why. All I knew was, it was backed up. I couldn't see an accident or a stall, just brake lights. After sitting there for a few seconds, I got frustrated, threw my truck into gear and tried to get around the traffic. Yes, I'm that jerk weaving in and out of traffic that you get pissed at every day, but please understand...you are that jerk who is just sitting there when you could be moving. Now think about that, you're SITTING THERE WHILE YOU COULD BE MOVING. There was no accident, no stall, no reason for the back up...you were just following everybody else. Traffic slowed down, so you slowed down too. hate to say it but, you probably live your life that way. Stings huh? Well, I muttered something to myself before I began to fight the traffic. I said: "there has got to be a better way." That's my new philosophy on life folks. There has got to be a better way. There just has to be. You hate your job? Guess what, there is a better one! Hate the person you are with? Yup, there is a better one. Not satisfied with the way things are going for you? Do something about it. Throw your truck in gear and fight through it. That's me

No comments: